A few weeks ago on May 6th, marked my 24th birthday! I’m so excited for this year because I know it will be all about growth + change, which I am so ready for! In honor of turning another year older, I thought I would share some of the wisdom I gained along the way (I like to call them life lessons learned):
No. matter. what. Calm yourself (inhale) and let go of your worries (exhale).
2. Love yourself
Deeply and truly.
3. Have patience!
Instant gratification only exists online. Life is not an app. Have patience, young grasshopper.
4. Trust in yourself
You know what you’re doing. You know what feels right and what feels wrong. Listen to what your gut is telling you and go with that.
5. Voice your opinion
Speak up. Don’t be afraid if people disagree with you. You were given a voice for a reason.
6. Insecurity isn’t cute
7. Know your self-worth
Respect yourself or no one else will. Don’t allow anyone to treat you like anything but the amazing person that you are.
8. Life is what you make it
Create the life you want to live then live it!
9. Everything will be okay
Things have a funny way of working themselves out.
10. Let go and go with the flow
Be open, stay open – see where that takes you.
11. Allow time to heal what hurts
You are not Olivia Pope. You cannot fix everything – only time can do that.
12. CONFIDENCE IS EVERYTHING
Without confidence, you won’t get very far. Have confidence in everything you do. (Tip: Fake it till you make it!)
13. Believe in the vision of yourself
Believe in the life you want. Believe that you can do all that you dream of. Believe in who you know you can be.
14. Don’t apologize for who you are
You are who you are. Own it.
15. Be strong. Be independent. Be fabulous.
Yes. Yes. Yes.
16. You can’t control anyone else but yourself
Love is not control. You are only responsible for your actions/reactions and no one else’s.
17. Life does not end when a relationship does
Lord knows it hurts but a better you is waiting on the other side of pain. Endings breed new beginnings.
18. Not everything will be perfect, and that’s okay
There’s beauty in the imperfect. Appreciate things for what they are.
19. You don’t need anyone’s permission except your own
Do what feels good to you. That’s it.
20. Let go of those who don’t bring positivity into your life
You are who you spend your time with. Surround yourself with truly loving & caring people.
21. Don’t change who you are for someone else’s comfort
Let your light shine. Don’t dim it for anyone.
22. Everything won’t work out the way you want and that’s okay, too
Sometimes things don’t work out for a good reason. Trust in that.
23. Appreciate all that you have in life and be grateful for everyone in it
Blessings begin with gratitude.
24. Do what makes you happy, with whomever makes you happy, whenever it makes you happy
Don’t limit your happiness. You can be as happy as you want to be.